Cell sorting made for every lab
Simple, Benchtop Cell Sorter
The WOLF was designed and created by a team of scientists and engineers who wanted to solve a classic challenge in biological research: how to sort cells of high quality effectively and easily. NanoCellect has created an entirely new type of microfluidic cell sorter that extends modern flow cytometry methods. By using proven detection technologies, NanoCellect focuses on innovative cartridge technology (commonly known as a “microfluidic chip”) and accessible, intuitive software that makes the operation simple and safe for researchers and their samples. The WOLF benchtop flow cytometry cell sorter allows for the gentle separation of cell types in bulk sorting and the isolation and dispensing of individual cells into plates. Single-cell sorting is completed in 96- or 384-well plates when using the WOLF with the N1 Single Cell Dispenser. This flexibility and performance allows users to complete sorting experiments across different research fields and application areas like single-cell genomics, cell line development, gene editing, antibody discovery, stem cell cloning, genomic sample prep, and more.
Nanocellect’s customer service is fantastic, and the WOLF cell sorter works exactly how I had hoped. It is perfect for our project.Justin Chartron, Ph.D. Protabit LLC
The NanoCellect team and technical specialist have been awesome. After two test runs with very involved training/assistance, we have been very pleased with the results. The equipment is intuitive and the sorts have been very clean.B. Davenport, Ph.D. University of Colorado
A great machine that has helped us take our cell-engineering pipeline to the next level!Ronan O'Connell Rice University
1.5 and 5.0 mL tubes
50 mL Conical Tubes
PBS or Buffer of Choice
Sheath Fluid Usage
Sample Flow Rate
Sheath Flow Rate
Minimum Sample Volume
Tubing Diameter (Inner)
200 to 500 um
200 x 70 um
Smaller Channel Diamter
Cartridge based fluidics
NanoCellect utilizes unique and proprietary microfluidic sorting cartridges for bulk sorting and single-cell dispensing. The cartridges employ a piezoelectric actuator and operates at less than 2 psi allows for gentle sorting that preserves viability and RNA integrity. Cartridges have a 100% disposable fluidic pathway, making it ideal for labs with many samples where cross-contamination or biohazard cleanup is an issue. The microfluidic cartridges are sterile and produce no aerosols, making it some of the safest sorting on the market. The cartridges also allow for maximum flexibility by allowing users to sort using their own buffers and media and only consume about 50 mL of sheath fluid in 1 day.
488 nm; 30 mW diode laser
(rated at 45,000 hr life)
25 x 27 µm
Forward (0 Degrees, +/-15)
Back (180 Degrees, +/-15)
3 Colors, Bandpass Filters: 525 ± 25 nm (FITC, GFP) 585 ± 20 nm (PE) 665 Longpass (PI, PE-CY5, mCherry, tdTomato)
Fixed alignment, no maintenance required
Product Specs Table Optics
The WOLF uses laser-based flow cytometry technology for detecting and sorting a variety of cell types, including mammalian, plant, fungal, and bacterial cells. The WOLF utilizes typical Forward- (FSC) and Back- (BSC) scatter detectors—as well as 3 fluorescent channels excited by the blue (488 nm) laser. In combination with the N1 single cell dispenser, scientists can complete both bulk and single-cell sorting. A simple cytometer, with powerful impact, allows researchers to sort their own cells on their own bench.
- WOLFViewer software walks users though a simple workflow by offering step-by-step wizards to make the sorting process as straightforward as possible. As a result, the software uses an intuitive workflow allowing users to quickly complete setup.
- After setup, WOLFViewer makes analyzing and creating gates simple—while still providing full-featured flow cytometry tools.
- Key tools like automatic compensation and index sorting, are streamlined and included.
- When sorting is complete, shutdown and cleanup is literally less than a minute, allowing users to rapidly conclude their work.
- The WOLF’s performance specifications support a wide variety of sorting applications across mammalian, plant, fungal and bacterial cells for cloning workflows and sample preparation work upstream of genomics analyses. The WOLF can resolve lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes, as well as microbial cells down to 1 um—and larger cells up to 60 um. Users can expect a sorting speed of up to 300 events per second. Researchers have the option of 2-way sorts for bulk sorting and 1-way sorts for single-cell dispensing.
- The WOLF is a simple, benchtop system that can easily be moved from lab-to-lab or into and out of biosafety cabinets. At 2 cubic feet and 44 pounds, the WOLF provides full-featured performance without taking up valuable lab space.
Resolves lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes
8 peak separation with the Spherotech Rainbow calibration beads in the 3 fluorescence channels
1 and 2 way
Back-to-back Sorting Speed
200 events per second
Less than 1 minute
1.5 mL and 5.0 mL, 96- and 384-well plates
Up to 99% purity
The WOLF’s performance specifications allow users to complete various types of sorts for a variety of applications that may be occurring in their lab, for the ultimate in flexibility. The WOLF can resolve lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes, as well as microbial cells down to 1 um, and up to 60 um. Users can expect a sorting speed of up to 300 events per second maximally. Researchers have the option of 2-way sorts for bulk sorting and 1-way sorts for single-cell dispensing.
15.5W x 14.4H x 15D in (39.34 x 36.6 x 38.1 cm)
44 lbs / 20 kg
AC Input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 3-1.5A
8.42W x 6.5H x 8.34D in (21.4 x 16.5 x 20.9)
5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg
DC Input: 24V 1A
The WOLF is a simple, benchtop system that can easily be moved from lab-to-lab, and fits into biosafety cabinets. At 2 cubic feet and 44 pounds, researchers will not need to worry about the system taking up precious lab space.
Explore the power of modern and simple cell sorting in many applications.View content
Learn more about a variety of scientific topics related to flow cytometry.Go to blog
Customer support is here to help with your WOLFRequest Support
See how the WOLF can help transform your research.Start learning
Review NanoCellect’s customers publicationsView Publications
Join us at conferences and user group meetingsVisit our event page